Touchpad not working nor appearing in BIOS (Spin 5 (sp513-52N)

leewtleewt Member Posts: 7 New User
@egydiocoelho
Hi,
As in my reply from a Dec trial with similar issues although not the same as my touchpad is not visible in BIOS and have not seen it at any stage yet.
after reading issues from December downloaded and installed IO. On restart it goes to the login/pin screen and the touch pad works. However, as soon as i am logged in the mouse pointer disappears and the pad has stopped working. I also installed the touch pad after that. same thing.
For some reason the touch pad gets removed as soon as i am logged on. I have also tried installing IO and the touchpad driver and also have installed the Chip set as recommended elsewhere.
After that I have checked the bios the touchpad is not in there.Thoughts or ideas?

thanks in advance,

Rgds

Best Answer

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 80,263 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    First check if the battery reset solves the problem:
    Then, make sure the touchpad is enabled here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

FAQ & Answers

Accepted Answer
    First check if the battery reset solves the problem:
    Then, make sure the touchpad is enabled here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • leewtleewt Member Posts: 7 New User
    egydiocoelho,

that is great!  worked immediately!! Much appreciate your help!!
    You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jules29Jules29 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just to say - thank you very much.  Touchpad just stopped working - tried driver reinstall - didn't work.  Just did the battery reset - and it's back working.  PERFECT!