acer nitro 5 - An155-53 not charging when plugged in, and also not displaying when plugged in.

dekae
dekae Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi. i've tried all the things said before on other forms, but none seem to have helped. any suggestions? 
also, it works for a few seconds then stops for a couple seconds. It was working perfectly fine before but stopped working all of a sudden.

Answers

• Have you checked the battery status with hwinfo64? Have you checked if this button is being pressed?
    Nitro AN515-51 DESLIGANDO SOZINHO - Pgina 4  Acer Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dekae

Tinkerer

Have you checked the battery status with hwinfo64? Have you checked if this button is being pressed?
    Nitro AN515-51 DESLIGANDO SOZINHO - Pgina 4  Acer Community
    @egydiocoelho
    what am i looking for with the battery status? i'll check now if the button is being pressed.
  • Ok! Post the result here.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dekae

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    i checked. There is no button. 
    Keep in mind this:
    It charges while shut off 
    It worked for many months, since when i got it aug last year.
  • OK! But the notebook turns on and you can access windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dekae

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho yes. it does. 
    it may be some sort of hardware problem but i dont want to do some factory reset yet.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dekae

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    this was done many times. did nothing.
  • Have you tried to uninstall the AC adapter and battery drivers in the device manager? Can you also check the status of the lithium battery with hwinfo64?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dekae

Tinkerer

Have you tried to uninstall the AC adapter and battery drivers in the device manager? Can you also check the status of the lithium battery with hwinfo64?
    @egydiocoelho Yes. i did that multiple times too. nothing.
    What am i looking at in hwinfo?
  • check here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dekae

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho this is what it looks like.  
  • What happens when you uninstall the AC adapter and battery drivers in the device manager? Also, try updating the bios for this version:

AN515-53: Update new battery support. 2. Update Intel ME 1427 for RS6. 3. Update Intel MCU. Data: 2019/09/05 Version: 1.28 Vendor: Acer Tamanho: 12.2 MB Download

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dekae

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    they get uninstalled then reinstalled when restarted. 
    i cannot update the BIOS as it needs to be plugged in to update.
  • Can you check the version of the bios that is installed on the information tab of the bios? Also, is your notebook under warranty? If not, I suggest you open the notebook and check the battery connection:
    Also test the power adapter with a multimeter

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dekae

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho

BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.26, 3/27/2019

• Version 1.28 of the bios is related to the battery. I suggest you try to update the bios. But remember that updating is a risky procedure and I am not responsible for any damage: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7571?b=1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dekae

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    upgrading the BIOS requires me to have it plugged in. which it refuses to detect
  • What happens when you uninstall these drivers:
    How to fix a Windows 10 laptop thats plugged in but isnt

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dekae

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    they get reinstalled when restarted. it does nothing else.