Cg437kp monitor can’t get 120hz I can’t seem to make it work.

Options
AlexKyriak
AlexKyriak Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in Monitors
Hi all, I can’t enable 120hz on my cg437kp monitor. I am running:

supplied DisplayPort cable
win7 64bit
dual 980 gtx Nvidia in sli 
dual monitor (cg437kp primary, Philips BDM4065UC secondary)

if I try to run only one monitor, it’s the same issue. I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed. I have tried enabling and disabling adaptive sync. 

I can’t seem to make it work. Has anyone experience this, or have any suggestions? Many thanks! 😊 
[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Answers

• AlexKyriak
    AlexKyriak Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I think I might have worked out what the issue might be. According to the 980 gtx card specs, display port 1.2 is what it supports. Which I assume means it’s not able to support display port 1.4 which is what this monitor may rely on to run at 120hz. 

However reading up on DisplayPort 1.2 specs, this says 120hz is possible at the 3840x2160 resolution under dp1.2.  So not sure whether this is actually the issue or not. 
  • Wazdalorian
    Wazdalorian Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    This is way too late to help you you @AlexKyriak, but it may help others. I think you need to install/reinstall the monitor drivers from the Acer support site. I had this same issue suddenly start to happen today after a windows 10 update and wasn't able to set 120hz from the windows display utility or from the Nvidia console. It was maxed at 60hz. I reinstalled the most recent drivers (from 2014) for the predator monitor and I was then able to select 119hz from the windows advanced graphics utility and that option also showed up in the Nvidia console. The windows update must have clobbered the acer monitor drivers that I had installed when I first got the monitor.
  • flayman
    flayman Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited September 2023
    Options

Might be way too late for me too, but I've just picked up a second monitor and I'm finding that there are no Window 11 drivers for it. I tried the newer driver for cg437ks, but that didn't work either.