Charging Issue With Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51

Options
depthcontrol
depthcontrol Member Posts: 41 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have been having a charging issue with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-5. I have been having this issue for a while but I decided now was the time to look back into it. When ai am charging my laptop it always charges and then stops charging on its own without me unplugging the charger and this is becoming fraustrating. The only time when it does not stop charging on its own is when the laptop hits 100%. I was wondering if there was a fix for this. I have already tried reinstalling windows, uninstalling the battery drives and the reset with a pin from the bottom of the laptop. Please help. Thank you!

Answers

• depthcontrol
    Options
    Can anyone help me out here?
  • depthcontrol
    Options
    Bumppppppp
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    does your model have this button?
    Nitro AN515-51 DESLIGANDO SOZINHO - Pgina 4  Acer Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • depthcontrol
    Options
    Would I have to open my laptop to see that?
  • depthcontrol
    Options
    Also if I do have this button what would I do next
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Options
    You will only have to open the ram compartment:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVfXVb_Qb8&t=8s
    Then, put a few layers of electrical tape to press the button:
    Acer A515-51G-58VH Desliga sem aviso e no liga normalmente
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • depthcontrol
    edited May 2020
    Options
    You will only have to open the ram compartment:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVfXVb_Qb8&t=8s
    Then, put a few layers of electrical tape to press the button:
    So do I just put electrical tape on this button?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, so that the button is pressed.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• depthcontrol
    Options
    Wait so should the sticky side of the tape be on the button? Or am I placing a layer of electrical tape so that the non sticky side of the tape will push the button down.
  • depthcontrol
    Options
    Also may I ask what does having this button pushed do for the laptop to help prevent my charging issue?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If this button is not being pressed correctly, it can cut the battery power.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• depthcontrol
    Options
    If this button is not being pressed correctly, it can cut the battery power.
    So should I directly put electrical tape on the button or put a layer on the compartment that attaches to that part of my laptop where the button is.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You have some layers of electrical tape in the compatibility, as shown in this photo:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer