Acer aspire ES1-420 touchpad cursor is lagging and sometimes freezing.

steve747
steve747 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Hello. My Acer aspire ES1-420 touchpad cursor is lagging and sometimes freezing. I have updated drivers and chatted to Microsoft support and no luck. it's still the same.
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    @steve747
    1. Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on Control Panel.

2. Click on Mouse.

3. On the Device Settings tab of the Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

4. Restart the system and Enable

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • steve747
    Hello Thanks for the message. I disabled the touchpad and enabled it and no luck it still lags
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    @steve747
    Boot in bios then under main tab find touchpad then change setting from basic to advanced 
    Now, save and exit 
    (If option is not there then Press CTRL+S under main tab)
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • steve747
    hello, the link you sent didn't seem to work. I installed it and ran the application file and it said reflash cannot find firmware updates for the devices on this system. So the cursor still lags and freezes.
  • Is your touchpad synaptics or elantech? What happens when you reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • steve747
    Hello. I found the battery reset hole and it didn't work. The cursor is still the same, lagging and freezing. I think the drivers are Synaptic. Maybe the touchpad itself is faulty
  • Can you check here if the touchpad is synaptics or elantech?
    O que  o ETD Control Center - Tutoriais do Boletim do Windows
    ELAN touchpad driver tab missing on mouse properties - Microsoft
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jdtxgc
    jdtxgc Member Posts: 1 New User

Go no farther than our firm if you want a painter and decorator in South London.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder
    edited March 2023

Hi @steve747

If you haven't already tried this; Restore your system to an earlier point, type “Create a Restore Point” in Search and select “System Restore” at the top of that window, chose a date when the curser was working OK.