Laptop Screen flickers when screen is moved

What's wrong with my laptop? It is an Acer Swift 3 and it flickers for a second whenever I move the screen up or down. It works like normal otherwise.

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 11,658 Trailblazer
    You may have the eDP cable that runs between the motherboard and display starting to fail. It gets bent each time you open or close the laptop, so is the most susceptible to mechanical stresses. Which specific model do you have? There are a lot of different Swift 3s.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sanam28sanam28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the exact same issue with my Swift 3. It happened for the first time today. Nothing major right now, but do you think I should get it sorted immediately or is there any chance that it might stop happening ? My model is SF314-55G @qwerty12345 @billsey
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 11,658 Trailblazer
    Yeah, if you can cause it with specific movements of the screen then it's best to get in touch with Acer support and start the repair process. At least get it done before it gets too bad or runs out of warranty time.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.