Are broken hinge covered under warranty

Ashtik
Ashtik Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
My friend has a Nitro 5 and while opening the laptop the hinge broke and the panel is coming apart in the middle. I have gone through the communities and facebook groups these seems like an extremely widespread issue. The laptop is under warranty and was never rough used and is as good as new except for the hinge issue that happened today. @Acer-Manny @Acer-Karp

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Ashtik said:
    My friend has a Nitro 5 and while opening the laptop the hinge broke and the panel is coming apart in the middle. I have gone through the communities and facebook groups these seems like an extremely widespread issue. The laptop is under warranty and was never rough used and is as good as new except for the hinge issue that happened today. @Acer-Manny @Acer-Karp
    I am sorry to see these happened to your Acer unit, unfortunately, we cannot determine or say if this will be accepted under warranty, you can read the warranty information for your country here and you need to get in contact with your Acer local support for better assistance: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

Note: please keep in mind that the Acer community is not a direct portal to technical support or customer service, you can search and find what others had done on this type of situations for any tips and recommendations, this thread will be now closed.

I hope you get this resolved soon,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.