Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

Acer ePower Management compatability message

picklespickles Posts: 1Member

I just started getting this message...what is ePower management and what do I need to do to fix this?

This Program has Known Compatibility Issues

Check online to see if solutions are available from Microsoft website. If solutions are found Windows will automatically display a website that lists steps you can take.

Program Acer Updater

Publisher Acer Incorporated

Location c:\Program Files\Acer\Acer ePower Management\ePower Tray.exe

Acer updater has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact Acer Incorporated.

Check for solution online                Run Program                     Cancel

Hide Details

Don’t show me this message again

Acer One 722 Windows 7

Answers

• ijelynijelyn Posts: 1Member

hello.

I just started to open my comp and the message came out on my comp.What is this mean?And what should i do for this?thnak you

• AnnnAnnn Posts: 4Member

I started getting the same message on 3/13/2013.  I have Windows 7.  MY QUESTION: Some dude told me to reinstall my operating system.  This seems like a massive response to a small problem.  PLEASE HELP us and suggest a fix that is easier than going back to factory default and reinstalling all of my programs and data. 

• BlackMoorBlackMoor Posts: 1Member

I've the same problem:

After the last Microsoft update, the following message appears on a dialog box, just after the operating system loading is terminated.

This Program has Known Compatibility Issues

Check online to see if solutions are available from Microsoft website. If solutions are found Windows will automatically display a website that lists steps you can take.

Program Acer Updater

Publisher Acer Incorporated

Location c:\Program Files\Acer\Acer ePower Management\ePower Tray.exe

Acer updater has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact Acer Incorporated.

My computer is a Aspire 770G with Microsoft Windows 7 home premium.

• mhjulmhjul Posts: 1Member

I've got the same problem (since the 14th March). Has anyone fixed it yet?

• Elena2758Elena2758 Posts: 5Member

Same problem with aspire 5733.  Tried downloading the hotfix twice now but it hasnt made any difference.

There is another long series of posts about this issue on here but I cant find my way back to it as there doesnt seem to be a way to trace my old posts....

• darthaspdarthasp Posts: 1Member

I just deinstalled the Acer ePower Manager and now the issue is resolved

Phil

Is it ok to do that?  What difference will it make to my laptop, if any?

I have an Aspire 5733, which is not listed on the list of machines that can have the new program downloaded so I tried hotfix twice with  no success.

• vacervacer Posts: 1Member

Hi,

I have the same issue on my acer laptop ASPIRE 5250-0468 Windows 7. 

How can I de-install the ePowerTray.exe from the 'Acer ePower Management'?  Or

Is it safe if I manually delete ePowerTray.exe from Location: C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer ePower Management\  ?

Thanks,

• reggieutreggieut Posts: 2Member

How do you uninstall the ePower management?

• reggieutreggieut Posts: 2Member

How did you uninstall it?

Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall  a program

havent done it though . Still waiting for somebody to tell me if it is ok to do that.  What might happen as a result.  Will it make battery life shorter? etc

• josengjoseng Posts: 1Member

In order to delete the app, go to Programs, then, Acer, then Restore, there choose drivers and software, then, you will see a list of apps, at the right side says install, click that, if is installed it will uninstall.

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online193

Acer-Tim
Acer-Tim
Acer-Victor
Acer-Victor
Alez_Curquejo
Alez_Curquejo
Coqui13
Coqui13
CortesX24
CortesX24
gAll
gAll
IVAN_PC
IVAN_PC
lewisc
lewisc
PANTPAPA
PANTPAPA
vivimar
vivimar
+183 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Maintenance Notice:

The Acer Community Maintenance has ended! We apologize for the delay and would like to thank everyone for their patience. We're still ironing out some details but you're more than welcome to explore! Stay tuned to the Announcements section as we'll be updating it regularly to keep you informed about the changes.

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Member Highlight

Look at ven98 go! Raising up the ranks, helping other users in the Predator forums. Thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 760

Total Points:147

Total Accepted Answers: 0

ven98

Practitioner