My new acer travelmate p258-M not working

Nkosivile
Nkosivile Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a laptop ( Acer Travelmate p258-M) that i bought after buying it i never used it i just saw it if its working then i switched it off, after 6 months when I want to use it , it doesn't want to charge the battery. I must insert the charger for it to work, when I take out the charger it doesn't work. I tried all the advices I got, I poked the battery reset small hole, I took pout the cmos battery out and brought it back, when I wanted to do the last advice  which is to update the BIOS this is what I got. How can i bypass this message? Or beside the BIOS update what can i do?can 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Is there any chance you missed a step in the battery reset? You disconnect from power, then press and hold the reset for 15-30 seconds. Then release the button but wait 15-30 minutes before plugging power back in. Finally wait for it to indicate a full charge before turning it back on. A BIOS update will not work unless it knows you are on AC power.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nkosivile
    Thank you brother I will try that advice and revert to you
  • Nkosivile
    I did everything as you advised , when I was charging it took 2 minutes charging then the charging light went off. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Went off or turned blue? If it actually turned off then you might have a problem with the charger itself, rather than the battery...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • There is a possibility that the battery has been completely discharged, damaging it, because as he said, the notebook was not used for 6 months. It would be interesting to know the battery status with hwinfo64.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nkosivile
    How do I check the battery status?
  • Nkosivile
    It took few minutes and just went off
  • You should check on the smartbattery tab.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nkosivile
    Sorry where is that tab my brother?
  • check here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer