wifi disconnected from chromebook

Options
Wolter1603
Wolter1603 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Chromebook CB5-312T (bought in December 2019) and wifi connection spontanusly disconnects. On the same wifi network mobile phones as well as 2 laptops are connected and with those  I do not experience a disconnect. So the wifi connection should not be the issue. Any idea what is going on and how to resolve? Next to disconnection is also often takes a long time before the page is loaded. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    Check to make sure Google hasn't tweaked the settings in a newer release. Also check to see if the behavior is related to distance from the router. If you are right next to it, is it stable?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Wolter1603
    Options
    How do I know if Google tweaked the settings? And the chromebookis less then 1 meter next to router. So the signal is strong and stable
  • billsey
    Options
    Check for updates to see if they've done anything yet. That close to the router it's either a software issue (most likely) or hardware. Google maintains the drivers for Chromebooks as part of their OS updates so if they are seeing issues related to the model of WiFi chip they'll be doing updates to clear them up. You are well withing warranty, unless you bought a refurbished unit, so it wouldn't be out of line to contact Acer support. They may have more detailed info about whether Google is aware of an issue or not.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Wolter1603
    Options
    I will contact Acer support thanks
  • billsey
    Options
    Be sure and let us know what they find.