Guidance to flash the bios for an acer swift sf415-41

Pranava
Pranava Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought an acer swift 315-41 laptop back in december of 2018. The problem occured when i had an update and i restarted the laptop. The keyboard backlight was on and the fan and the hard drive was working, but i get no output at the display. I have tried everything from clearing the residual charge using the battery, but i have had no luck in getting the laptop to work again. Then on the forums I found people having the same problem and they tried to do a bios reflash using the fn+esc method. I tried to do the same but im having trouble renaming the .bin file i extracted in the bios. If anybody has any information of this in the community, please help me out

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Please don't try to flash a BIOS blind. You run a real risk that you will brick it. Can you boot into the BIOS settings screen, or are you blank there too?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pranava
    billsey said:
    Please don't try to flash a BIOS blind. You run a real risk that you will brick it. Can you boot into the BIOS settings screen, or are you blank there too?
    No, I tried to get into the bios, but all I see is a blank screen. The fan keeps running and I keep pressing f2, but I have no luck
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    When it's up as far as it's going to get, try shining a flashlight at the screen at an angle. Do you see faint traces of what should be there? That would point at a faulty backlight rather then a dead system, giving us something to work with. Keyboard backlight, fan and HDD are all powered up when the system is first turned on, before the CPU is started for self tests, so they don't tell us much.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pranava
    billsey said:
    When it's up as far as it's going to get, try shining a flashlight at the screen at an angle. Do you see faint traces of what should be there? That would point at a faulty backlight rather then a dead system, giving us something to work with. Keyboard backlight, fan and HDD are all powered up when the system is first turned on, before the CPU is started for self tests, so they don't tell us much.
    Yea, I did that, but can't find any faint traces of icons and text, I also tried attaching a hdmi to see if this was a display issue itself or not..., But no luck still