Heating issue and battery life

roya2yush
roya2yush Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought a new Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G laptop just yesterday. I noticed 2 issues, firstly overheating problem. I installed ubuntu and am using ubuntu, the laptop gets heated really fast, even when browsing, or writing normal code, when using android studio with emulator again, it becomes very very hot. Secondly the battery life, acer claims to have 12 hours battery life, normal browsing and watching movies gives me only 4 hours. Flutter development even less. Is there some problem with the laptop?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Most likely the OS doesn't have the proper chipset and fan drivers. Restore it to the original build long enough to test that it's working correctly then research when Ubuntu will have drivers for this model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Most likely the OS doesn't have the proper chipset and fan drivers. Restore it to the original build long enough to test that it's working correctly then research when Ubuntu will have drivers for this model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.