Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Heating issue and battery life

roya2yushroya2yush Member Posts: 1 New User
I bought a new Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G laptop just yesterday. I noticed 2 issues, firstly overheating problem. I installed ubuntu and am using ubuntu, the laptop gets heated really fast, even when browsing, or writing normal code, when using android studio with emulator again, it becomes very very hot. Secondly the battery life, acer claims to have 12 hours battery life, normal browsing and watching movies gives me only 4 hours. Flutter development even less. Is there some problem with the laptop?

Best Answer

• billseybillsey Posts: 10,130 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Most likely the OS doesn't have the proper chipset and fan drivers. Restore it to the original build long enough to test that it's working correctly then research when Ubuntu will have drivers for this model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 10,130 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Most likely the OS doesn't have the proper chipset and fan drivers. Restore it to the original build long enough to test that it's working correctly then research when Ubuntu will have drivers for this model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.