Headphone jack issue Acer Spin 3

chabeck
chabeck Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a brand new Acer Spin 3 and the headphone jack/software response is intermittent. When I plug my headphones into the jack, I get a notification asking what I just plugged in. When I select "headphones," and hit enter, most of the time nothing changes; the audio still comes from the speakers. Rarely, however, the audio will switch to the phones and the audio is good quality. Using a separate set of headphones, I get no notification, but the audio from the phones is muffled and low and in only one ear. Both of the phones work fine on my smartphone, so it is not a headphone hardware issue. Do I need to send this computer back or is there a known fix?

Answers

• How much time do you still have to trade with the seller? Can you provide the exact model? Example SP513-51-58VH. Also, did you check in the realtek audio console program?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Unknown001
    Unknown001 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

chabeck said:
    I have a brand new Acer Spin 3 and the headphone jack/software response is intermittent. When I plug my headphones into the jack, I get a notification asking what I just plugged in. When I select "headphones," and hit enter, most of the time nothing changes; the audio still comes from the speakers. Rarely, however, the audio will switch to the phones and the audio is good quality. Using a separate set of headphones, I get no notification, but the audio from the phones is muffled and low and in only one ear. Both of the phones work fine on my smartphone, so it is not a headphone hardware issue. Do I need to send this computer back or is there a known fix?
    facing the same issue on my aspire 3, but seems this is due to any update installed... just go to --> Realtek audio console --> Device advanced settings-->
    Connector retasking --> change analog to speakers then again change it to headphones this might help you, but only problem is that each time you unplugged you have to follow the same process again and again...

im facing this issue since last 4-5 days