How can I choose the right RAM hardware to insert into my PC ? (AN515-51-75ZC)

Options
MorenoSilva
MorenoSilva Member Posts: 6 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop came with an extra slot to put ram.
It can go up to 32 GB (16GB *2).
Currently I have 16GB and I want to put other 16GB.

My specs:

Host: Nitro AN515-51-75ZC V1.22
CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ (8) @ 3.800GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile
GPU: Intel Device 591b
Memory: 2670MiB / 15896MiB

I found some DDR4 rams:

- 16GB 2133Mhz
- 16GB 2400Mhz
- 16GB 2666Mhz

What things should I consider when buying (and replacing) the new ram?
How do I know how many Mhz should I get? I know the more Mhz the better but shouldn't be equal to the Mhz of my current RAM so that I don't have bottleneck?
AFAIK, I need to buy a DDR4 (260 pins notebook version) with a clock speed matches the one already installed right?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @MorenoSilva
    Either use CPU-Z to determine your RAM specs.
    You can also just look onto the DIMM itself, all the details would be printed on the memory module.

This model has 2 DIMM socket number 2 (Support Dual-channel)Supports maximum memory size Total 32GBSupports DIMM Speed DDR4 2133/2400, DIMM voltage 1.2VSupports DIMM package 260-pin DDR4 SODIMM
    Here's some of the officially listed memory modules for this model.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Download and install CPU-Z and look at the specs of your RAM module, you have to get one with the exact same specs if you want to have a dual channel.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @MorenoSilva
    Either use CPU-Z to determine your RAM specs.
    You can also just look onto the DIMM itself, all the details would be printed on the memory module.

This model has 2 DIMM socket number 2 (Support Dual-channel)Supports maximum memory size Total 32GBSupports DIMM Speed DDR4 2133/2400, DIMM voltage 1.2VSupports DIMM package 260-pin DDR4 SODIMM
    Here's some of the officially listed memory modules for this model.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check here too:
    Upgrade de memria Ram no Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-50U2 gtx 1050 I5
    You can also add an ssv nvme:https://youtu.be/_O59o7N1Et8
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)