I've nitro 5 AN515-52
I want to upgrade it, for daily use Autocad and Sketchup
I need suggestion for upgrading

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Your Nitro 5 AN515-52 is adequate for Autocad and Sketchup but the Aspire 5 A515-54G-53H6 is the best laptops for Autocad and Sketchup applications. Intel i7 or i9 processor and latest Nvidia GTX or RTX GPU for CAD would definitely work but, CAD softwares such as Solidworks and AutoCAD do not actually recommend these CPUs and GPUs for running their softwares. What they recommend is, Intel Xeon series of processors and Nvidia Quadro or AMD Radeon Pro (formerly Fire Pro) series of GPUs because they are specifically designed for CAD, 3D modeling and rendering works.

The following explains to you what is ideal for Cad applications:
    1. RAM - for 2D modeling and basic CAD works and for 3D modeling and rendering, at least 16GB of RAM is necessary and if you have to deal with more advance work loads then you have to have at least 32GB to 64GB of RAM.
    2. Storage – an SSD is strictly recommended but, make sure it’s at least 512GB as CAD files are massive in sizes.
    3. Display – the screen of the laptop should be glare-resistant, recommended is an IPS display with full HD or 4K resolution for CAD and 3D modeling works because they are good at every aforementioned aspect.

Now in saying all this, your Nitro 5 AN515-52 can take a max mem of 32GB on its Slots: 2 slots (2 banks of 1) and should come with standard mem of 8GB removable ram. Use the max ram capacity and speed e.g. like the Crucial Ballistix SODIMM 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Gaming Memory (Black) or from similar manufacturers. The 256GB M.2 SSD (don't forget that you need B&M key SSD) capacity installed in the Nitro 5 AN515-52 is too small increase that to at least 512Gb but  2 TB would be better, get some of the known brand M.2 SSD like: Samsung 860 EVO VNAD, 1Tb M.2 (2280) SSD or the Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hudza12

This model has 2 DIMM socke supports maximum memory size Total 32GB with DIMM Speed DDR4 2400/2666, DIMM voltage 1.2V

This model SATA HDD
    Storage 1 : M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe/SATA Co-lay)
    Storage 2 : 9.5mm/7mm co-lay (Support HDD Door)
    Here are some officially supported SSD for this model :

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!