Acer Crystal Eye webcam is not working on acer aspire 5517

Options
danuta
danuta Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Acer Crystal Eye webcam on acer aspire 5517 is not working. Zoom and skype are unable to detect the camera (has never been used). I can locate camera using start button. When camera is opened, it shows just black. I’m using Windows 7.

Would appreciate any advice/help.

Answers

• danuta

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you for this! My acer webcam doesn't give me those options.. Please see attached the images of my webcam settings. All is greyed out except Default, OK and Cancel.When I click on Default, nothing happens.. Any thoughts?
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options
    Have you tried uninstalling the Camera driver and trying the 2 drivers at Acer 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/1245?b=1
  • danuta

Tinkerer

Options

Yea I did uninstall driver and tried to install.. For the first driver listed on the website (Suyin) I got this message:

Then I installed the second driver (Chicony), though nothing happened..

I’m attaching webcam driver details I've accessed through Device Manager. Not sure if there’s anything you could suggest? Thanks so much for your help!

• philetus
    Options
    That's why I said uninstall the current camera driver first.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are there any drivers with problems in the device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • danuta

Tinkerer

Options
    @philetus  yes, driver was uninstalled first..

@egydiocoelho  don't see any drivers with problems in the device manager..
    Thanks!
  • philetus
    edited May 2020
    Options
    There are several things here you can try. Post 9 and post 10.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/93589/crystal-eye-webcam-not-working
  • danuta

Tinkerer

Options
    Hmm.. where I can find those two posts - post 9 and post 10?
    Thanks again!
  • philetus
    Options
    I had several tabs open then and posted the wrong one. Are you still showing a camera driver in Add and Remove?  If you do uninstall it and when it shows no camera driver, install the 5.0.1.1 driver.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Watch this video in English:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • danuta

Tinkerer

Options

@philetus   Thank you! I did repeat the following process a few times:

1.  Uninstalled driver accessing through Device Manager, clicked OK to confirm – please see Capture1 (I’m attaching the screenshots of the process I did)

2.  Clicked on the camera accessing from the start button – dialog box appeared saying “Camera not found” – please see Capture2 attached

3.  Went to Device Manager – Imaging devices/webcam were not listed anymore – Capture3 attached

4.  Downloading driver 5.0.1.1 – dialog box appeared saying that version 5.00.009 of Video Web Camera is already installed.... ? – please see attached Capture4

Why the driver was not uninstalled, or was installed again immediately after uninstalling?

5.  After clicking OK, another dialog box appeared  – please see attached Capture5

6.  Clicked on: Reinstall using recommended settings.

7.  Restarted laptop. Webcam still not working, it appears all black.

I’m considering buying a new laptop as it appears to me that it can’t be fixed. Thanks again for your help!

• danuta

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho  Thank you for the video! I did some things recommended in the video, though not everything were applicable as I have Windows 7. Couldn't resolve the issue.
    Thanks again.
  • philetus
    Options
    I'de like to see if your camera is actually working. Download the trial of Youcam and install it. It's a free trial, but they are going to ask you to make an account. I use this myself instead of the software that came with my laptop and it's good.
    https://www.cyberlink.com/products/youcam/features_en_US.html
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you click on "devices and printer" and then click on your computer:

Is the camera hidden here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• danuta

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho  Thank you for the video! I did some things recommended in the video, though not everything were applicable as I have Windows 7. Couldn't resolve the issue.
    Thanks again.
  • danuta

Tinkerer

Options

When I access my camera from Device Manager it says that is working (please see attached screenshot - Capture6). And when I access camera from the start button – it’s all black (see attached Capture7).

Thank you both - @philetus and @egydiocoelho - for your help! I can’t see it can be fixed and I have ordered a new laptop.. Will make sure that camera on the new one will work from the beginning :)

Thanks again!

• philetus
    Options
    It would have been nice if we could have got it working, but I think you will be happy with a new laptop.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try a power reset. Turn off the notebook, disconnect the battery and press the power for 60 seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• danuta

Tinkerer

Options

@philetus   For sure it would have been good... Thanks again for your suggestions and help!