Lost all admin rights, can’t click anything on desktop

Options
KYLEJONES20
KYLEJONES20 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Hi, so when I was installing a program I went to scan the ssd then gave the program all admin rights by mistake and since then I’ve not been able to do a lot of things, for example if I right click then go to Nvidia control nothing happens. Click a desktop icon it highlights then nothing happens then after that I can even click a icon it’s like it locks. I’ve tried to system restore, system reboot, add a new admin, and a few other things but nothing seems to be working. When trying to do things on cmd it’s tells me access is denied to 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi, so when I was installing a program I went to scan the ssd then gave the program all admin rights by mistake and since then I’ve not been able to do a lot of things, for example if I right click then go to Nvidia control nothing happens. Click a desktop icon it highlights then nothing happens then after that I can even click a icon it’s like it locks. I’ve tried to system restore, system reboot, add a new admin, and a few other things but nothing seems to be working. When trying to do things on cmd it’s tells me access is denied to 
    Firstly, this is a very unusual thing as 'Administrative Rights' cant be just changed with "scan the ssd then gave the program all admin rights"? As once you are an administrator you cant just change those rights so simply, anyway try this first and take your system back to a previous 'Restore Point' or two etc: 

1. Go to (bottom left of taskbar) to 'Type here to search'
    2. Type in 'restore' to get 'System Properties' up,
    3. Click 'System Restore' and take your system to the recommended restore point or a restore point where you think the system worked correctly.
    Or 
    Look at the complete MS instructions of:  "Enable and Disable the Built-in Administrator Account" see here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-7/dd744293(v=ws.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

• KYLEJONES20

Tinkerer

Options
    StevenGen said:
    Firstly, this is a very unusual thing as 'Administrative Rights' cant be changed, once you are an administrator you cant change those rights and/or your email and ID has been inserted as administrator, anyway try this and take your system back to a previous 'Restore Point': 

1. Go to (bottom left of taskbar) to 'Type here to search'
    2. Type in 'restore' to get 'System Properties' up,
    3. Click 'System Restore' and take your system to the recommended restore point

Hi Steven. I tried a system restore but it was still in the same state. Anything I try to click with the security badge on just fails, even in safe made, command lines fail to. It won’t let me run anything as admin
  • KYLEJONES20

Tinkerer

Options
    Then if I try to edit anything it just denies me
  • KYLEJONES20

Tinkerer

Options
    Tried it already I literally can not do anything that requires uac, I’ve down a full registry takeown to and still nothing 🤦🏼‍♂️