ACER Predator 500 (pt515-52) - 2 external Monitors via Thunderbolt?

jonnka1914
jonnka1914 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello everybody,

I have Acer Predator 500 (pt515-52) for two days now and I am experiencing the following problem:

I have the Thunderbolt 3 docking station from CalDigit (TS3 Plus) and I cannot use my 2 external monitors at the same time. Monitor no.1 is connected to the docking station with DP to DP cable and monitor no.2 with DP to USB C cable. At the same time, the two monitors cannot work. Only this monitor works, which I connect first or which was last recognized by the notebook/docking station. The second monitor shows no signal. As soon as I pull the cable out of monitor no.1, monitor no.2 switches on and vice versa.

So the problem is not with the docking station, I use it regularly with my work laptop and  everything works. With the "display settings" of Windows only the Acer laptop monitor and one of the two external monitors are shown, but not both external monitors. I have updated all drivers, Windows is also up to date. What can it be? Bios settings? Thank you!

Answers

• shinobi441
    shinobi441 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi @jonnka1914,

I am having a worse problem than this it seems. I have these pieces of hardware:
    Acer Predator 700
    CalDigit TS3

I just made a forum post today about how I can't even get ONE display working. Mind sharing any information you can about how you set up the TS3. This thing is really bumming me out since this is like THE ideal dock for Thunderbolt 3 connectivity.

Best,
    Mike
  • dinosm
    dinosm Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I tried the Dell WD19TB dock and it works perfectly with my Triton 500 over Thunderbolt. Two monitors connected to the dock, one via DP, the other via HDMI, both working. I only tried them for productivity, not gaming so not sure about gaming & graphics issues.
    I did look at the CalDigit dock which seems to be popular (for some reason), but honestly the Dell one looks to be so much better (the one I tried is my wife's).