I May Have Just Done A Thing....... Orion 5000 incoming!

Artificial_Original
Artificial_Original Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Good afternoon all, first time poster. Hope we are all keeping well in these uncertain times. So, I have purchased an Orion 5000. I've taken advantage of Curry's UK free next day delivery and I shall be receiving my PC tomorrow! I am really looking forward to hooking it up, this will be my first gaming PC. So, first question is, have I made a good choice?

Basic specs show that this will have an Intel i5-9400F processor with a NVIDIA GeForce 1060ti GPU to compliment it. I'm not flush with money, but I wanted to make the jump into PC gaming and felt this was a good place to start. The only drawback for me is that I've only got 8GB of RAM to play with. Reading reviews it looks like this model is easy enough to upgrade, I would like to install 16GB or RAM, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of RAM that would be compatible? 

Games I'm looking to play are iRacing, FIFA, Valorant and GTA, I'm assuming with my base specs I've mentioned above I'll get consistently good frame rates at both 1080p and 1440p? I have a 165hz refresh gaming monitor too so would like to see if I can get the best out of this PC. Thank you all, I look forward to hearing from you soon :)  

Best Answer

• borsti
    borsti Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    You might want to ramp up your RAM to at least 16 GB. You need 2666-Mhz-Modules.

Answers

• Is the exact model the PO5-610_RGB?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • borsti
    borsti Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    You might want to ramp up your RAM to at least 16 GB. You need 2666-Mhz-Modules.
  • Artificial_Original
    Artificial_Original Member Posts: 2 New User
    Is the exact model the PO5-610_RGB?

Hello sir, it is the PO5-600s model. I've had it for around a month and I must say it's living up to all of the expecations, running games and applications at ease. I am looking to get more RAM though as 8GB will not be enough going forward. What RAM is compatable with the motherboard on this system and is it easy enough to install? Looking at the system the CPU cooling fan is in the way of one of the slots which is a little annoying, I take it that it's easy enough to move out of the way though?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Here you go:
    If you have 2400MHz in there now you can get a slight bump by dropping in two 2666MHz instead. As it says for dual channel you want to pair up modules. Best next step would be two 8GB modules at 2666MHz. If you feel the need for 32GB instead of 16GB then do two 16GB instead of the two 8GB. That still leave you the ability to make that final jump in a few years.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.