Cpu upgrade 4beep when I run The pc I have 4beep and no video

Options
Supreh
Supreh Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 24 in Predator Desktops
Hello guys i have acer motherboard model:acer ipisb vr rev 1.01 I upgrade my cpu from i3-2100 to i5-3550 when I run The pc I have 4beep and no video...I think must update new bios can you help me ? 
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Supreh
    Options
    I need to install bios P03.A3
  • Supreh
    Options
    When I install The bios using DOS I have error ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hello guys i have acer motherboard model:acer ipisb vr rev 1.01 I upgrade my cpu from i3-2100 to i5-3550 when I run The pc I have 4beep and no video...I think must update new bios can you help me ? 
    I've explained this in another post, if you read the specs of the Acer IPISB VR Rev 1.01 motherboard its built around the "Intel H67" chipset which only supports the socket LGA1155 and Intel 2nd Generation Core i3/i5/i7 2xxx-series 32nm Sandy Bridge processors, its NOT compatible with the i5-3550 Ivy Bridge and this board can't be flashed with the P03.A3 bios, you are lucky that you didn't brick your board by doing a dos bios flash. Dont try to do anything with this board to try and mod it get yourself a Core i7-2700K as that is the MAX speed cpu that you can upgrade the Acer IPISB VR Rev 1.01 motherboard to and its 90% compatible (which means that it works) and it will give you 105% more relative performance and its a 4 core 8 threads 3.5 to 3.9GHz 1MB L2 cache, 8MB L3 cache and 95W TDP cpu, its qui1cker and better than the i3-2100 and its even better/quicker than the i5-3550, simple.

Acer IPISB VR Rev 1.01 motherboard

• Rahirro
    Rahirro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I know this is an old post  but I hope someone answers. Could anyone confirm if a Xeon E3-1270 V1 would work on this motherboard? I beleive it is practically identical with i7 2600 without the integrated graphics. Thank you in advance.
  • Rahirro
    Rahirro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:

I've explained this in another post, if you read the specs of the Acer IPISB VR Rev 1.01 motherboard its built around the "Intel H67" chipset which only supports the socket LGA1155 and Intel 2nd Generation Core i3/i5/i7 2xxx-series 32nm Sandy Bridge processors, its NOT compatible with the i5-3550 Ivy Bridge and this board can't be flashed with the P03.A3 bios, you are lucky that you didn't brick your board by doing a dos bios flash. Dont try to do anything with this board to try and mod it get yourself a Core i7-2700K as that is the MAX speed cpu that you can upgrade the Acer IPISB VR Rev 1.01 motherboard to and its 90% compatible (which means that it works) and it will give you 105% more relative performance and its a 4 core 8 threads 3.5 to 3.9GHz 1MB L2 cache, 8MB L3 cache and 95W TDP cpu, its qui1cker and better than the i3-2100 and its even better/quicker than the i5-3550, simple.

Acer IPISB VR Rev 1.01 motherboard

I know this is an old post  but I hope someone answers. Could anyone confirm if a Xeon E3-1270 V1 would work on this motherboard? I beleive it is practically identical with i7 2600 without the integrated graphics. Thank you in advance.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I would be somewhat surprised if Acer had built support for the Xeon processors into the BIOS for that motherboard. It likely wouldn't hurt to try as long as you have a return route for the Xeon if it didn't work. My guess is it will be rejected when POST tries to initialize it...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.