I have a Aspire U27-880 AIO, has HMDI INPUT AND OUTPUT, CANNOT GET OSB BUTTON TO REVERT TO HDMI

aRRON
aRRON Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I am seeking to connect my AIO to my work laptop to make my aio a second screen, my laptop only enables VGA, as no HDMI port, but the issue is I cannot get my U27 to revert to HDMI via the OSB  as it appears to be greyed out, I have checked the specs for this version u27-880 and it clearly states HDMI IN AND HDMI OUT. I would greatly appreciate some help how to resolve this issue.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    First is to check to make sure you are connecting the laptop to the HDMI in port, not the out. The OSD will not allow you to select the HDMI input until it sees a signal there. What are you using to convert the laptop VGA to HDMI?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aRRON
    Thank you for  your  reply.  I am using a cable  VGA laptop end and HDMI acer AIO, I am sure I connected  into the HDMI input, I will have  another go, but also I noted the brightness control on the OSB was greyed out. Additionally  looking at the system properties  no HDMI ports  are showing  up like  they do for USB etc. 

I greatly  appreciate  your help thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    So it's possible that you have an HDMI to VGA convertor, not the other way around. The ones used to convert VGA from a computer to HDMI to a monitor. The correct direction costs more, so a lot of people make that mistake.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aRRON
    Thank you  for  your  reply,  the converter is VGA to HDMI, with a  USB charge point,  i assuming it correct  that is needs to connection  to the electrical  supply to enable  it to work,  there is also a 3.5mm which I am also connecting  to the laptop. So all in all the set up is, laptop VGA to all in one  HDMI input, USB  charger  in power supply  and 3.50mm connection to converter to laptop. But still no joy!
  • Kimlee
    Kimlee Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did you ever get this working aRRON? I have a second PC connected to the HDMI input of my U27-880 and I can't select the HDMI input unless I put my AIO to sleep (the on-screen option is greyed out). Once the screen loses its internal "PC" input it then switches to the external input, but when I wake the AIO up the screen switches back to the AIO and the external HDMI port option is grey out again. This is very annoying because I would like to switch the screen between input sources without having to put my AIO to sleep.