KEYBOARD LIGHTS ARE ON BUT SCREEN STAYS OFF

b34stl0rd
b34stl0rd Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello everyone, I bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 and started having problems with it.
Whenever I close the lid, and open it after some time, the keyboard lights and the blue light indicator turn on, but the screen remains black.
Same thing happens if I shut down my Windows and then power it on the next day, it takes multiple attempts to boot (i.e. stuck on keyboard on, screen off, and I have to turn it down by holding the power off button).

I have tried multiple solutions such as 
1. Tweaking with power options
2. Tweaking with BIOS Settings such as turning off fast boot, etc
3. Reinstalling AMD Radeon and Intel VGA Drivers
4. Reinstalling Windows OS

Has this issue occurred with someone else and has successfully solved it?

Answers

• Hello! What happens when you reset the battery?
    some models do not have a hole to reset the battery. you must turn off the notebook, disconnect the power adapter and press the power button for 12 seconds.

Also, what is the version of the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • b34stl0rd

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho, thanks for your response. 
    Resetting the battery is what I do to turn on the laptop after forcing power off multiple times. 
    But unfortunately the issue still keeps on occurring. 
    Also, the BIOS Version is the latest one viz. 1.08
  • Does the same problem occur when disabling fast boot in bios and fast startup in windows power options?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • b34stl0rd

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho Yes, turning off fastboot either via BIOS or power options didn't solve the problem. 
    I even configured BIOS to default settings but the issue is still there.
  • the system tab of the windows event viewer shows an error?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• b34stl0rd

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho I have uploaded the images of the last 3 errors which I got in system tab of event viewer

• Perhaps the problem is related to this here?

1.Update TP behavior and device manager information when hybrid shutdown. Data: 2020/05/18 Version: 1.09 Vendor: Acer Tamanho: 9.9 MB Download

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• b34stl0rd

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho Unfortunately, even updating the BIOS to 1.09 did not solve this issue. 
  • the same problem occurs when updating drivers on the amd website? Have you configured your notebook to not suspend or hibernate?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• b34stl0rd

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho
    1) Yes, I tried multiple settings with AMD drivers such as uninstalling, reinstalling, AMD adrenalin 2019, 2020
    2) Yes I have turned off hibernation 
  • Try disabling fast startup and hybrid suspension:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NalindaOnline
    NalindaOnline Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hey.
    downgrade intel management interface driver ver 11 to 10 or 9.
  • I suggest that you disable fast startup and hybrid suspension.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• b34stl0rd

Tinkerer

NalindaOnline  I don't have such driver since its an AMD laptop ;(
  • b34stl0rd

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho Tried disabling hybrid suspension and fast startup for an entire day, didn't work :(
  • After updating the bios, press f9 to restore the bios and then click save and shut down. Then perform the battery reset again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NalindaOnline
    NalindaOnline Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

i had the same problem.
    i find a solution.
    IRST latest driver appear that cause to my lap. nitro 5 an515 52.but i have intel processor with nvidia gpu.

you can try with clean installation.(befor backup your all persanal data to onother hdd)
    befor windows installation,change sata mode to ahci from bios menu.
    and install windows latest version to your pc.
    after dont install drivers.check without drivers with your laptop with day or two.after that case did not appear.your hardware working well.
    next update your windows.windows update centre automatically get best drivers to your laptop.
    dont install any drivers from acer site.after windows update, update your drivers from device mngr.(it take some time to work with updating)
    i think you can find a solution with these steps.
    i did the same thing.after my problem fixed.(but i have to install audio drivers from acer site.bcs dolby sound control panel not workin after windows update)
    sorry for my bad eng.
    good luck