Acer Travelmate B116 stuck on "acer explore beyond limits" Windows 10 Pro after rebooting

Options
Haruyuna
Haruyuna Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just rebooted my laptop, or deleted everything in it so that I can send it to the buyer. But for some reason the laptop has been stuck on the startup where it says "acer explore beyond limits." I have tried doing alt+f10/f2 and even alt+ctrl+del and it still doesn't work. The load up circle doesn't even come up. How can I fix this? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    It sounds like the boot process is being interrupted after POST has been completed, so the problem is more likely in your UEFI boot than in the hardware. It's possible for it to be failing earlier than that, but normally a POST failure gives some indications as to why, either an error message or, if early enough in the process, a beep code. You should be able to get into the BIOS though, start clicking the F2 key as soon as you turn it on and keep clicking as fast as reasonable until it responds with the BIOS screen.
    It's not too hard to accidentally delete something you shouldn't while cleaning a system for a new owner, and I'm guessing that's what is happening here...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    Rebuild your MBR (master boot record) see all the steps here: https://neosmart.net/wiki/fix-mbr/ as that is a common problem of why your problem happens. If that doesn't work then reinstall the OP system (8.1 or Win-10, whichever you have?) as that will fix this problem