Predator orion 5000

Options
Grimace
Grimace Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
i recently purchased a orion 5000 anmd i noticed it has this thing called the easy swap drive bay but it says nothing about it in the manuals and no videos mention it so understand its for a drive but how do i know what it is compatible with

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,364 Trailblazer
    Options
    It provides a SATA connection. It's not hot swap, in that you need to be powered down to install something, but does allow you to easily install/remove a drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dean1WFR
    Dean1WFR Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi, I have a Predator Orion 5000 and I have bought a 2.5 SSD drive that I was advised to get for the easy swap drive bay but I have no idea how to use it. If anyone can help me I would be very grateful.
  • Dean1WFR
    Dean1WFR Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    The easy swap drive bay is for 2.5" drives. The SSD should be screwed to the tray and then inserted into the bay the PC has to be off.The drive does not show up so open disk management and right click on the unallocated volume. Click simple volume and choose the size you want to use which is set by default to max click next. Choose the drive letter you want click next. Make sure format this volume is selected. Ensure NTFS format is selected click next and then click finish to create the new volume and then it is all done.