Helios 300 Hinge Issues

Options
Patrick_Finnerty
Patrick_Finnerty Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi all, I've had my Helios 300 for about a year now, and just a few days ago the left hinge started to fall apart. The computer can't close all the way unless I push it closed, and even when I try to reattach the two pieces of the hinge, they just separate when I let go. I'm hoping to fix this before it gets worse, the problem has drastically progressed within the last two days. I attached pictures of the falling apart hinge. Is there any way I can fix this on my own without damaging the computer? Is there some way I can get it fixed?

Answers

• Freemanrulz
    Freemanrulz Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    I have also the same problem with same left hinge. It has broken last week an became seperated. I brought it to the technical service, but they said it is user's fault. What happened to you afterwards?
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Freemanrulz 
    Is the unit under the warranty? 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Freemanrulz
    Options
    Yeah, it is christy1 said:
    Freemanrulz 
    Yeah it is :/
  • Freemanrulz
    Options
    And they are asking for 250$ for it :/
    Freemanrulz 

• christy1
    Options
    And they are asking for 250$ for it :/
    Freemanrulz 

Sad. :( if its not covered under warranty then check with them for part partners contact and get the parts and change it locally. that will be cost effective.
  • Freemanrulz
    Options
    Thanks for the help man i appreciate it but i want to report this situation and even sue them. Do you know a way to reach the someone from acer headquarters the explain the problem i am having with the technical service and the laptop. Because i depleted mine countrys options.
  • christy1
    Options
    Thanks for the help man i appreciate it but i want to report this situation and even sue them. Do you know a way to reach the someone from acer headquarters the explain the problem i am having with the technical service and the laptop. Because i depleted mine countrys options.

Did you check with the below link? also you can message to acer team from your private message anytime. definitely they will reply back. Good luck. 

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/
  • Freemanrulz
    Options
    Can i direct message any acer official from the forum?
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Freemanrulz,

I am very sorry to hear on what happened, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Only your local support services can help you with this, the community is not an escalation channel, unfortunately.

Link: https://www.acer.com/ac/tr/TR/content/service-contact

Note:  This thread will be now closed.

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.