I need to disable rst to install Ubuntu 20.04 on a blank aspire a315-54k

Davidllovi
Davidllovi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
I just bought an aspire a315-54k without windows and I want to install ubuntu 20.04. After loading the pendrive, it asks me to disable rst. Yet there is not such an option in the bios.
CPU info INTER Core i5-6300U CPU at 2.4
Bios v1.05
GOP intel driver 9.0.1084
HDD0 model KINGSTON RBUSNS8154P3512GJ1
HDD0 Serial number 50026876
sATA MODE RST without RAID
total memory: 8192 MB
Product name aspire a315-54k

Is there any way to do that without installing windows first? I simply don't have any windows.
Thanks for all the help!

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Best Answer

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it is not needed to install windows, just change it to AHCI, if not possible to change press ctrl+s on the main tab in BIOS. You better disable secure boot and fast boot.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

Answers

• batmalin
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it is not needed to install windows, just change it to AHCI, if not possible to change press ctrl+s on the main tab in BIOS. You better disable secure boot and fast boot.

• Davidllovi
    Davidllovi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you so much! This trick of ctr-s hadn't worked (or tried ir right) before. Now ubuntu is working wonderful. I appreciate your speedy answer.
  • batmalin
    You are welcome mate!

• Vaibhavppathak94
    Vaibhavppathak94 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have purchase acer aspire A515-54G with installed window 10 but now i want to install ubuntu 20.04. But i am getting first enable to RST ...
    I DONT KNOW HOW TO DISABLE ...

I have a doubt after disable RST KOI EFFCT TO NHI AAYEGA SYSTEM WORKING MEIN
  • @Vaibhavppathak94 Did you press ctrl + s on the bios, as colleague batmalin mentioned?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)