Acer Aspire R3-1311T Battery Not Recognized

Options
CLKP2012
CLKP2012 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
It does not recognize the battery.
I have tried updating bios-it said insert the battery.
I have tried to reset internal battery by using reset on bottom of laptop.
Aspire is running Windows 10-64 bit. 
Please help!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,819 Trailblazer
    Options
    I assume you actually have a R3-131T, at least I don't know of a R3-1311T... Where does it say "Insert Battery"? Can you show us a picture? There are a few things that can affect the battery, and there are actually two of them, the main battery and the CMOS battery.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CLKP2012
    Options
    When I went to do the bios update, I downloaded the update from Acer support page. Yes, R3-131T (my bad). When I go to run the update it says, insert battery. Not, the R3 does not recognize the laptop battery (internal). I was hoping by upgrading the bios it would work. No such luck. I am currently doing a factory restore AGAIN. 
  • billsey
    Options
    A BIOS update isn't usually recommended unless you are having the specific problem that update addresses. Let's dig down into your issue first. What is happening that has you doing a factory restore?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CLKP2012
    Options
    I am doing the factory restore to see if that would fix the "not recognizing battery" notice. When plugged in (brand new charger) it is not charging the battery. 
  • billsey
    Options
    Ok, let's try and deal with the battery issue first. Windows sees a battery and the battery doesn't charge? Or does Windows not even see a battery? If you haven't already done a battery reset, and you have the reset pinhole on yours, try resetting the battery first. Unplug your charger and press the button under the pinhole with a bent paperclip and hold it for 15-30 seconds. Release the switch and wait 15-30 minutes then plug the charger back in. Wait for a full charge then turn it back on and see if Windows is still having issues with the battery. If so go into Device Manager and expand the section under Batteries. Right click on each entry and uninstall, then shut down Device Manager and reboot the computer without installing replacements. When Windows load it'll reinstall those and that can fix any corrupted settings. If that still doesn't work we're likely looking at hardware. Either the charger isn't making good contact with the charging socket on the computer, the socket isn't making good contact with the motherboard, the battery isn't making good contact with the motherboard or the battery is bad.
  • CLKP2012
    Options
    I have done the reset on the battery. I have removed the items in device manager. I did not wait for a full charge but will do that and see if it helps. It, at first said, plugged in, not charging. Then after removing battery drivers in device manager and rebooting, it said, battery not detected. Ugh!