Laptop Shutting Down-Acer Aspire R3-471TG

SanjayaS
SanjayaS Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi guys  TIA, I need some guidance with this  issue I am facing.
The problem relates to an Acer Aspire R3-471TG. This laptop was in storage for a couple of years and put in ti use recently.
It shuts down without prior warning approximately 20-30 mins after switching it on.
When it boots up there are no indications there was a crash as it boots into windows 10 without any errors.
I have tried-
1. Leaving it on in BIOS mode still shuts down
2. Monitoring  the temperature via software, no signs of over heating
3. Opened unit up, the fan comes on briefly at booting stage but then doesn't turn on at all,eventually the laptop shuts down.
4. I gave direct power via a USB port to the fan and the fan then worked continuously, laptop still shutdown.

Not sure if its a heat sensor issue, any input will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Sanjaya

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,477 Trailblazer
    >>> This laptop was in storage for a couple of years>>>It shuts down without prior warning approximately 20-30 mins after switching it on.>>>

Plugged in or on battery alone? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SanjayaS
    SanjayaS Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Jacke thanks a lot for getting back . It happens both when plugged and unplugged . 
    Cheers 

sanjaya 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,477 Trailblazer
    Might be overheating due to dust accumulation around the CPU. Try this. With the machine unplugged and turned off, alternately vacuum the air intake ports and blow air throught the air exhaust ports to try to dislodge any debris. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ