vn7-571g bios upgrade

Options
tony3663
tony3663 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
hi i recently upgraded my m.2 to an nvem (wd blue sn550 250GB) it fits it reads and writes, at expected speeds but because the bios will not recognise it wont boot how do i change the bios to boot from this drive or is there another bios that will run i can change?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the ssd appear on the bios information tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tony3663

Tinkerer

Options
    no the bios wont recognise, thats why im asking how to change the bios or how to get my bios to recognise
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you provide the exact model? Example VN7-571G-79Y4. Does ssd appear in the windows device manager? What is the version of the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tony3663

Tinkerer

Options
    model is vn7-571G-502F. bios insyde corp v1.14 08/01/15. yes it shows in device manager can partition, format, read write and run all. crystal mark reads at 2400 or there abouts it is just the bios. bios very basic cant even over clock
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you upload a photo of this configuration?
    BIOS Setup Navigation Keys - Acer Aspire 4710 4310
    I would like to make sure that the ssd does not appear here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tony3663

Tinkerer

Options
    i have my old ssd in at the moment so will only show that. but when when ive looked the new one does not show there or in boot option screen
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So just to confirm: the new ssd is an nvme, which does not appear in the bios, but appears in the windows device manager, correct? If so, I think it is possible to install windows on this ssd. But you may need to configure this here:
    https://youtu.be/0qSpAfo3Jjs
    I was helping this user in the Portuguese community: https://community.acer.com/pt/discussion/comment/785011/#Comment_785011He also had an SSD that did not appear in the bios and solved the problem, with the video link above!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tony3663

Tinkerer

Options
    yes and yes i can load windows on the drive
    are these the options i choose or will they come up when drive is fitted

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    These options will appear after windows in the new ssd. Then, try renaming grubx64 as shown in the video.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tony3663

Tinkerer

Options
    thanks will try this and let you know =)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ok! Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tony3663

Tinkerer

Options
    no luck unfortunately bios just wond let me boot seem I need to unlock the advanced bios tab to get the settings
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked if a bios update fixes the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tony3663

Tinkerer

Options
    bios is latest update been told I would have to open advanced tab to get it working
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when you upgrade to version 1.19? https://global-download.acer.com/SupportFiles/Files/Firmware/Update/VN7-571_BIOS_119.zip

It is important to remember that updating the bios is a risky procedure and I am not responsible for any damage.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tony3663

Tinkerer

Options
    didn't know there was a 1.19 acer uk only shows 1.14 will try now
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tony3663

Tinkerer

Options
    just bricked my lap top
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I didn't understand what you meant.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tony3663

Tinkerer

Options
    laptop will not boot at all now