have an Acer Aspire AXC-603-EB10 It won’t power on. Need help

System
System Member Posts: 4,540 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer aspire xc-704 NO POWER.

Answers

• Martys
    Martys Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have an Acer Aspire AXC-603-EB10
    It won’t power on and I have tested the ps in another similar tower I have and it works. 
    When I hit the power button the fan starts and stops on the motherboard. I am suspecting the power switch but I’m not sure. 
    There are no blown caps. Are power buttons/switches known to fail?  
    Please advise. 
  • Martys
    Ok after jumping the power switch the PSU starts but the pc doesn’t boot up. Any ideas?  It used to prior to the switch going. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Remember that the switch is momentary, you don't press and hold when jumping.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Martys
    billsey said:
    Remember that the switch is momentary, you don't press and hold when jumping.
    The switch doesn’t even work but the power came on. Only problem is the hard drive wouldn’t boot up. But it did prior to the switch failing. Any ideas?
  • billsey
    Can you get into the BIOS? you may have more problems than just a broken switch...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Martys
    billsey said:
    Can you get into the BIOS? you may have more problems than just a broken switch...
    There is no display whatsoever. Doesn’t post. The cpu fan runs. 
  • billsey
    The CPU fan turns on as soon as the power supply is activated, before the start of POST. One of the very earliest POST tests is the memory, which generates a beep code when it fails. This is before the video is turned on during POST. It sounds like it might not even be getting to the memory test, so the CPU may be bad (a working CPU is pretty much required to run any test). That's not a good sign...
  • Crazytom
    Crazytom Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have TWO Acer Aspire AXC-603-UB17 Computers. I came in one day and found the computer off. I tried to restart it, and it came on and started the 'automatic repair" sequence. 10 seconds later, the computer shut off. I thought it was a hard drive issue, so I pulled the drive and put it in a docking station. I was able to check the drive and found no issues. I recovered all the data from the drive.
    Then, 4 days later, my OTHER Acer started the same thing. This machine stayed online long enough to get through the repair sequence and tell me it couldn't fix the problem, suggested I restore the computer to an earlier date. I did so, and all appeared well. Then, yesterday, that machine froze up, and refuses to even try to turn on.
    I have tried cloning the hard drive to a SSD, changed power supplies, removed all but one bank of memory (swapped memory in case first bank was bad)... Nothing works. A friend has the same machine and now I'm afraid that machine is going to die. (all three were purchased within 4 months)
    Ideas?