Acer Z24 Bluetooth disappeared from Devices

AlexSm
AlexSm Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello.
I've recently purchased Acer z24-890 (non-touchscreen).
It's my office machine and due to the pandemic, I haven't been using it for a month or so and left it in the lock screen mode to remotely access it (all updates went through =( ).
When I picked it up from the office to use at home, I experienced issues with Bluetooth.
It couldn't find any Bluetooth devices.
While experimenting with the services file "Bluetooth Support Service", switching it to Automatic mode, refreshing official drivers, removing recent Win10 updates, and all the other basic steps I was able to get the list of devices, but it still wasn't connecting to any of them.
The Device Manager was showing Bluetooth device in working order, but while I was experimenting with steps suggested by Microsoft it switched to hidden and gave Error 45 (no device detected).
Finally, I decided to reset the system to factory settings (with files and settings removal).
After the system reset, Bluetooth adapter disappeared from Device Manager completely (from hidden as well). The driver installation doesn't work.
The PC is still under warranty, but it's easier for me to use the external usb bluetooth adapter rather than paying 5-10X for the shipping.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.