Acer Aspire 9810 display driver for Windows 10 needed

Options
Dubjedi
Dubjedi Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 9810 laptop which I know is quite old but I still love it.

It works fine with Windows 10 ver 1903.

However that’s going out of support (if not already) and the Windows 10 version upgrade fails because the existing display device driver is not compatible.

Any idea how to fix this problem? Would a device driver be available to install?

Thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,686 Trailblazer
    Options
    This really isn't a problem. 1903 won't be going out of support till Dec2020.  1909 is not significantly different from 1903. The next major release (2005) is due out any day now and the non-issue will be moot anyway. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dubjedi
    Options
    Thanks Jack. Just to clarify, do you think I won’t have the problem upgrading to ver 2005, although I have this problem when trying to upgrade to 1909. Why do you believe it will be different? 
  • JackE
    Options
    Because each new major update (NOT an upgrade) is ***supposed*** to fix issues like this that often pop up in the last update. Consider yourself lucky that 1909 didn't install and disable your system. Par for the course for the new and unimproved Windows lifecycle policy.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-li
    You're good to go anyway with maintenance updates till December. Meanwhile an interim 1903 maintenance update might actually resolve the issue when you're not looking.  Sit tight.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dubjedi
    Options
    Ok thanks Jack .. think I’ll try the 2005 upgrade when it’s available. I’ll ensure to take a full system backup first. Cheers.
  • JackE
    Options
    Also it might be a good idea to check ControlPanel's restore point app. In the 'restore point' box that pops up, make sure SystemProtection is turned on just in case an automatic update messes your system up. That way, you'll be able to reverse and block the update from re-installing till a future update addresses the issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dubjedi
    Options
    Will do, thanks Jack.