Active Stylus drivers

appas
appas Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi,
I am trying to get the Acer Active Stylus that came with my laptop working. I found this thread about it: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/532716/how-does-the-acer-active-stylus-work-connectivity-problems
I do not have the "HID Compliant Pen" in Device Manager as shown in this picture:

So, I guess it is a matter of a missing driver. But, the driver page for my laptop at https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7345?b=1 does not have the pen listed! So, where can I find a driver for it?!

Answers

• appas
    Actually, by selecting View > Show Hidden Devices I found my pen. But, its status is "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer". 

How do I "reconnect" the pen? I have tried bringing it close to the screen, tapping and spamming the buttons, but nothing. I also changed the AAAA battery.
  • Baz2021
    Baz2021 Member Posts: 2 New User
    HI I have an Acer Spin and the Stylus worked for a 1 day and then won't work- did you ever get this resolved?
  • appas
    No, unfortunately, my pen still doesn't work.
  • Dantheman22
    Dantheman22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    In my case for my acer spin 3, if you don't already have the wacom feel driver pre-installed on your device, you can install it yourself. Drivers (wacom.com) (scroll down to the Windows & Mac drivers) I believe this will make it work properly. As I installed these very same drivers for myself and my pen works well, as well as the two customizable buttons on it.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Drivers are dependent on the design of the active digitizer, so your Wacom driver is as likely as not to be the wrong one for a different model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.