Chromebook stuck on "repairing itself" - chromebook CB3-111

Options
Jadovsky
Jadovsky Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey everyone!
 So my Acer Chromebook suddenly started shutting down on its own,I tried power wash and resetting it to factory settings but it didn't solve the prob. Found out OS needed updating (although it was up to date!) I update it and when it finished updating I get a white screen and option to power wash which I did but then kept getting the same screen over and over again. Thought id recover the OS I, it processed the recovery then got stuck in a loop of system is repairing itself, unplugged the memory stick and tried again, then tried another memory stick in a different port but an unexpected error occurs....
So basically now every time I switch on my Chromebook, its looping on your system is repairing itself...
Please anyone can help?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    So, which Chromebook do you have? How old is it? From the symptoms it sounds like the drive may be failig. :anguished:
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jadovsky
    Jadovsky Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It's an Acer chromebook CB3-111. I've had it for almost 5 years. any solutions to fix the drive?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Not really, if the drive is failing or failed there's not a lot of options, the drives are soldered in on the motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • porg
    porg Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    So, which Chromebook do you have? How old is it? From the symptoms it sounds like the drive may be failig. :anguished:
    you would need to get a new drive and desolder the old one and solder on the new one. with might void your warranty