battery not charging. Amber and Blue light blinking - Aspire A315-41-R287

pawanrana3490
pawanrana3490 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have Aspire A315-41-R287 bought in Nov 2018. Recently after a tea spill i had to force turned off the laptop, I removed the back panel and took out the internal battery, HDD and RAM. Kept it open for a night to let it dry. After i connected all the device but now the battery is not charging properly. the blue and amber light blinks . I have already done removing internal battery and pressing the power button for 30 seconds but to no avail. When the laptop is shut down and if i plug in AC Adapter the amber light comes for few seconds which means charging but again it goes off and blinks. After a few moments there is blue and amber lights blinking together. IF i plug in AC Adapter when the laptop is on the screen lighten up and in the battery icon the charging sign comes but again after a few seconds it shows not charging. after few moments blue and amber light starts blinking together. Without the internal battery i can work with simply AC Adapter plugged in and the battery icon also shows 255% but without battery. But with internal battery ( it won't charge and i think after the charge is over the laptop will shut down)  I thought it was charger port problem but the battery gets charged for few seconds and goes off. Please help. I feel the last option is to change the battery but still would like to have a hope of somehow that's not the problem.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Kodzo
    Kodzo Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have an Aspire E5-522 laptop and I recently noticed that the battery had ceased charging. I changed power cables and even stuck a pin in the battery reset slot but still see no fix. Can I pls get some assistance on what to do?
  • BrianB203BW2
    BrianB203BW2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have an Acer A315-41-R5MD. The charging light is blinking and the battery is not charging. Cables and charger are OK. I have tried a battery reset and holding the power button down for more than 30 seconds each to no avail. What next