Acer E5-576G won't wake from sleep mode sometimes

Options
Ducktapefixesall
Ducktapefixesall Member Posts: 3 New User
I have an Acer E5-576G and have noticed a strange problem. When I let my computer fall asleep, when I press the space bar to wake it up or move the mouse, the keyboard lights up but the screen doesn't turn back on. I don't use this laptop very often and so I haven't noticed this before. I usually always shut it down instead of letting it go to sleep from not being used but I don't want to have to do this every single time I step away from my computer. It is annoying because if I get up to do something and don't come back in time, I have to power cycle the device which makes me lose all my tabs in chrome. I have reinstalled windows since I first got the laptop. I have updated to the latest driver using the intel driver support assist thing and this did not fix the problem. I have tried the latest Intel driver from the Acer E5-576G driver page and that did not fix the problem either. I have the latest NVIDIA driver from the GeForce experience app. I am also running the latest bios. I have tried uninstalling both display drivers with the display driver uninstaller program and then fresh installing both drivers but that also did not fix the problem. I have seen that a lot of other people have the same problem with this laptop but I have not seen a fix that works in any of those threads. I am wondering if there is no fix and it is just because of some design flaw or if there is something I can do to fix this problem.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,323 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Ducktapefixesall
    In this case there is nothing to do with drivers.This is because of power saving follow my steps↓

Windows 10 Device Manager Power Management

1. Right-click on the Start Button to open the Power User menu. Select Device Manager.
    2. You’ll see a list of categories for the devices connected to your PC. First, click the arrow next to Keyboards.
    3. You’ll see one or more entries for your PC keyboard here. Double-click each one of them in turn, and select the Power Management tab. (If you don’t see this tab for a particular entry, move onto the next one.)
    4. On each entry’s tab, make sure that Allow this device to wake the computer is checked.
    5. Click OK, and your keyboard should now wake your PC from sleep.
    6. Repeat these steps for the Mice and other pointing devices category if you’d like your mouse to wake your computer as well.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Ducktapefixesall
    Ducktapefixesall Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    @GAMING6698
    I looked and allow this device to wake the computer is already checked for all the keyboards in device manager that even have the option and the same for the mice.
  • Naveen101
    Naveen101 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Options
    This is a different problem. I have the same issue. The laptop wont even sleep.
    This is a bios issue. We need a fix.
  • Kimbals
    Kimbals Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I don't have "HID" settings. What else can I try?
  • Naveen101
    Naveen101 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Options

I have an Acer E5-576G and have noticed a strange problem. When I let my computer fall asleep, when I press the space bar to wake it up or move the mouse, the keyboard lights up but the screen doesn't turn back on. I don't use this laptop very often and so I haven't noticed this before. I usually always shut it down instead of letting it go to sleep from not being used but I don't want to have to do this every single time I step away from my computer. It is annoying because if I get up to do something and don't come back in time, I have to power cycle the device which makes me lose all my tabs in chrome. I have reinstalled windows since I first got the laptop. I have updated to the latest driver using the intel driver support assist thing and this did not fix the problem. I have tried the latest Intel driver from the Acer E5-576G driver page and that did not fix the problem either. I have the latest NVIDIA driver from the GeForce experience app. I am also running the latest bios. I have tried uninstalling both display drivers with the display driver uninstaller program and then fresh installing both drivers but that also did not fix the problem. I have seen that a lot of other people have the same problem with this laptop but I have not seen a fix that works in any of those threads. I am wondering if there is no fix and it is just because of some design flaw or if there is something I can do to fix this problem.
    Do something for this... please .. we should report this somehow ... I’m never gonna buy acer after this again ever!

at lease we should reach to the higher management .❤️
    This is all their fault. The issue occurs in BIOS...  I’m a dual boot user. Linux and windows . Same happen to the both. It’s the bios . We should do something for this.
  • Ratan1
    Ratan1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Only One option worked for me to disable this display driver in Device management.