Why won't my all in one turn on?

matt17
matt17 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I use the Aspire Z3-715. All cables are plugged in, the box that connects the two power cables has a blue light, but nothing is coming out of the screen, there is no light or indication of power on the all in one.

Answers

• matt17
    matt17 Member Posts: 2 New User
    This started when I tried turning my computer back on when it was shut down.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    There are several things that can go wrong that leaves you with a black screen. Probably most common is a power supply failure, you can get the blue LED lit without power actually getting to the computer. Can you see any damage to the cord, maybe a pinched spot? If you have access to another power supply that's big enough (I believe yours is a 90W) that also uses the same voltage (19V) you can test with that. If not maybe you have a VOM around that you could measure the output voltage? Next after a bad supply is a loose wire inside the machine. On most of these all-in-one models the power connector is on a daughterboard that has a cable that runs to the motherboard. If that cable has come loose then the power won't get to the MB and things won't run. Next is probably the display itself, one of the more common problems with a display is the backlight goes out. You can check that by turning you system on and letting up run long enough that it should be on the sign in screen. Take a flashlight and shine it on the screen at an angle, if the backlight it bad you will see faint traces of your normal display where the light shines through. Give some of those a try and get back with us as to status...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.