What kind of graphics card can I use with my Acer Predator G3-710?

Green75
Green75 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
With this whole lockdown thing going on, I've decided to save up a little bit of cash to invest in upgrading my PC. My specs right now are completely stock, I7 6400, GTX 950. My current graphics card is shedding off plastic out of the fan so I'm quite adamant on getting a new and better card reasonably soon. I was thinking of getting an RX 5500 because they're good value for price, although i was curious about if it would work with my current motherboard and CPU. Also, what kind of case should I look at buying? My budget for the GPU is around 300 AUD and case is 100 AUD. If its a little above that, its okay, it's just a view point.

Cheers.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer
    Pretty much any of the modern cards will work fine in your G3-710. Double check on your power budget, if you have a 300 or 500W supply you might want to bump that up to 650W or 750W instead, depending on the card you choose. You also might want to look seriously at putting an SSD in, it'll make a huge difference in normal Windows operations. You have one M.2 slot that supports a SATA SSD, not NVMe.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.