Dual monitors on Acer Aspire 5 A515-54G

mikelee19
mikelee19 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi, I have a A515-54G and would like to mount 2 external monitors (to extend not clone). I wanted to ask if there is any docks that would be suitable? I don't know if the Dell D6000 dock would work though.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning mikelee19 !

Which EXACT model of your laptop?
    Dell D6000 Dock is widely used by many users and works perfectly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• mikelee19
    Hi MaClane! 

I use Acer Aspire 5 (A515-54G-50F2). 
  • MaClane
    Yes, it is compatible since this dock natively uses the USB 3.0 or 3.1 connection

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• mikelee19
    May I know if the Wavlink USB 3.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station is compatible too?
  • MaClane
    Tested and confirmed 100% only from Dell that I informed you.
    The one from Wavlink is possible to fucnione, but only by testing.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Ali110
    Ali110 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I bought this USB 3 to HDMI Adapter from Amazon.ca:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0759S4F3Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A driver needs to be installed; they have provided it in a mini CD (and also online). After I installed the driver, it worked well. I can mirror or extend my screen via this adapter.