Aspire 3 blank screen

Kellyflynn
Kellyflynn Member Posts: 8 New User
Help. I have recently purchased an Aspire 3. Today I walked away and came back to a blank screen. Standard it went to sleep. But it won't come back on.  I have turned it off and back on again looked at posts about pressing F2 F9 and F10. But nothing when I turn it on nothing comes on the screen no courser no logo nothing. I'm not very technical please help. 

Answers

• what is the exact model? Example a515-51-58vh. Reset the battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kellyflynn
    Hello thank you. No that didn't work. The power light is on. Just the screen is blank. 
  • Kellyflynn
    The model is a315-34-COYR
  • Do the battery and power LEDs light or flash? Have you tried to press the fn + f6 key?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kellyflynn
    Hello power light is static battery only comes on when you plug the power cable in. Just tried fn and f6 nothing. 
  • is the image displayed on an external monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kellyflynn
    No plugged into a monitor with hdmi cable nothing on screen 
  • Did the bios happen to be updated at some point before the problem occurred?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kellyflynn
    I've only had the laptop 3 days. I've not actioned any updates. 
  • Can you still replace with the seller? 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kellyflynn
    Yes but not until the lock down lifts. I think that is what I will have to do. Thank you so much for your help. 
  • are you sure you pressed this hole correctly?

First turn off the notebook and disconnect the power adapter. Then, try to press it for 30 seconds and leave the notebook off for 10 minutes.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kellyflynn
    Hi yes definitely did it correctly. Left it on I er night to drain the power  and that didn't work either. 
  • I have seen similar problems in the community. Try to discharge the lition battery, using a device in the USB 3.0 port.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Trainerchbduncan
    Trainerchbduncan Member Posts: 6 New User
    I've had the same issue with my Aspire 3! Got it in March, Except mine happened when I hit the f1 "Zz" key or sleep key instead of "Esc", First time it happened, thought it was coincidence, tried everything except a BIOS update - Dead, just power light and fan going. Did soft reset, hard reset, function keys,( ctrl, windows, shift + B) - still nothing! A few hours later, it booted up okay, not sure what happened! Is there a fix for this yet? My laptop is 7 weeks old! Did it again today, now I realize that the f1 key is a "Sleep" shortcut! But still unable to deliberately restart my computer...
  • @Trainerchbduncan Ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @. Insert the notebook model.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mfana
    mfana Member Posts: 1 New User
    so no solution for this Aspire 3bmodel is a315-34 black screen ?

• mfana said:
    so no solution for this Aspire 3bmodel is a315-34 black screen ?

Have you checked the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer