In my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54, my USB wired gaming mouse disconnects and reconnects randomly - HELP !

Options
EZIOKITTU
EZIOKITTU Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a problem where my mouse disconnects and immediately reconnects . I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 , Serial no. - NHQ5BSI0029250A1983400 , SNID : 92504136834
Bought on end of February 2020 and this problem started 1 week ago from around 20th April.
The problem intensifies on heavy tasks (Games), but when my PC is idle or not used, the disconnection problem is seen rarely but still can me seen in some sudden movement/ task load given.
Even I have seen this problem lessens itself when the Air Condition is turned directly to the laptop to let it cool. Games are unplayable with this bug of mine. I am seriously very sad for past week.
From Youtube / Google Chrome, I have tried many fixes to solve my problem(1. Device Manager > USB > power management > uncheck the allow ... , 2. power plan > USB Suspend >...> disable , 3. other technical issues like plugging to another USB port / checking if there is some fault within mouse itself , etc)

My mouse (Technet Gaming mouse <10$) has worked very well till date and I don't think it is the problem with my mouse. I have seen, after shut down of laptop, my mouse lights still are powered on until I switch off the power supply and wait at least 10 seconds - makes me assumes that laptop provides it with some extra power. This idea made me search for videos of putting my mouse at instant light off after shut down but I'm confused and no such video could I found which solved my problem. If there is any power related issue can you please tell me how to turn off my mouse's light completely and turn off itself immediately after switch off.

Thank you for reading this, Hope I get help

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK! Did you check out fellow billsey's suggestion?
    billsey said:
    Move the mouse to the port on the other side. You will never need the USB 3.1 speeds for a mouse and the 2.0 port doesn't provide power when the system is off.
    Also, have you updated the chipset and IO drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did this problem occur after any windows update? Does the problem manifest when connecting another mouse? On power, disable charging the USB 3.0 port on the acer quick access.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @EZIOKITTU
    You have tried most of the steps to fix the issue but you can try some simple steps and check like given below
    Power drain: First turn off the laptop and unplug the charger, Look at the back of your laptop and you can see a small pin hole. Put a paper clip inside the pinhole, press and hold the paper clip for 40 seconds.Make sure when you press and hold the paper clip you will feel like pressing on to a button inside the pin hole.Than try to power on the laptop and check.

BIOS default:Press the power button but as soon as you press than power button , tap on the F2 key repeatedly untill you get the BIOS setup utility page. Once you enter the BIOS press the F9 and press enter and press F10 press enter. The unit will restart , after the unit comes on check and see.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Move the mouse to the port on the other side. You will never need the USB 3.1 speeds for a mouse and the 2.0 port doesn't provide power when the system is off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • EZIOKITTU
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @EZIOKITTU
    You have tried most of the steps to fix the issue but you can try some simple steps and check like given below
    Power drain: First turn off the laptop and unplug the charger, Look at the back of your laptop and you can see a small pin hole. Put a paper clip inside the pinhole, press and hold the paper clip for 40 seconds.Make sure when you press and hold the paper clip you will feel like pressing on to a button inside the pin hole.Than try to power on the laptop and check.

BIOS default:Press the power button but as soon as you press than power button , tap on the F2 key repeatedly untill you get the BIOS setup utility page. Once you enter the BIOS press the F9 and press enter and press F10 press enter. The unit will restart , after the unit comes on check and see.
    I could not find any such small pin hole, there were only screw holes. I tried doing BIOS setup default (F9 and Enter) and save and exit (F10 and Enter), and was happy to see that mouse was not disconnecting after starting the game (CS:GO), BUT AFTER FEW minutes it again started disconnecting and reconnecting.
    My gaming Mouse has a capacitor and I think this capacitor is responsible for storing extra charge (proving LED lighting on mouse) provided by my laptop. I would like to disable this mouse lighting somehow though there is no manual button to do so. I think cutting off power supply to the lighting part of my mouse will solve my problem.

Thank you all for replying so fast. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    it would be interesting for you to inform the mouse model.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EZIOKITTU
    edited May 2020
    Options
    it would be interesting for you to inform the mouse model.

TeckNet Raptor M268 Six Button 3200DPI Gaming Mouse

Product Code: TCBP03065 (i'm not sure)
    Amazon link - https://www.amazon.in/TeckNet-Raptor-Button-3200DPI-Gaming/dp/B00E290JRE
    bought with 700 rupees ( less than 10$ roughly)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is my gaming mouse which I bought in April 9th 2018 (from flipkart) and using since then
  • EZIOKITTU
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @EZIOKITTU

EZIOKITTU said:
    Jack22 said:
    @EZIOKITTU

I could not find any such small pin hole, there were only screw holes. I tried doing BIOS setup default (F9 and Enter) and save and exit (F10 and Enter), and was happy to see that mouse was not disconnecting after starting the game (CS:GO), BUT AFTER FEW minutes it again started disconnecting and reconnecting.
    My gaming Mouse has a capacitor and I think this capacitor is responsible for storing extra charge (proving LED lighting on mouse) provided by my laptop. I would like to disable this mouse lighting somehow though there is no manual button to do so. I think cutting off power supply to the lighting part of my mouse will solve my problem.

After writing this comment, actually my problem partially got solved and got some clear proof that there is some laptop battery issue / charging issue / power issue / which is making my mouse to get disconnected.
    Proof : I connected my old non-gaming HP mouse (normal) and I had just no problem playing any game, since the mouse would not disconnect. -- This may mean that I had some problem with my gaming mouse, but after seeing this I tried my Gaming mouse with my old gaming pc and played for 30 minutes and mouse disconnection didn't occur. 
    As I have mentioned earlier, I think my laptop is not being able to provide the extra power to be consumed by my Gaming mouse when there is load on my pc (heavy tasks...)
    Since I have an alternative solution of not using my Gaming mouse and rather using non-gaming HP mouse, I am a bit happy now. I am sure of my above problem.

Thank you for all the support and please help this with this specific power issue of mine 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    are you letting the battery charge 100%? Also, did you install this software? http://www.tecknetonline.com/support/Download/Drivers/5 Button Mouse Software.zip

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EZIOKITTU
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @EZIOKITTU

EZIOKITTU said:
    Jack22 said:
    @EZIOKITTU

After writing this comment, actually my problem partially got solved and got some clear proof that there is some laptop battery issue / charging issue / power issue / which is making my mouse to get disconnected.
    Proof : I connected my old non-gaming HP mouse (normal) and I had just no problem playing any game, since the mouse would not disconnect. -- This may mean that I had some problem with my gaming mouse, but after seeing this I tried my Gaming mouse with my old gaming pc and played for 30 minutes and mouse disconnection didn't occur. 
    As I have mentioned earlier, I think my laptop is not being able to provide the extra power to be consumed by my Gaming mouse when there is load on my pc (heavy tasks...)
    Since I have an alternative solution of not using my Gaming mouse and rather using non-gaming HP mouse, I am sure of my above problem.

Thank you for all the support and please help me with this specific power issue of mine.
  • EZIOKITTU
    Options
    are you letting the battery charge 100%? Also, did you install this software? http://www.tecknetonline.com/support/Download/Drivers/5 Button Mouse Software.zip
    Yes my Laptop stays at 100% all the time, when playing games without charging, games lag.
    I clicked on the link you provided and downloaded the 5-button-mouse Software, but I am clueless of what should I be doing to turn off the Mouse lights. I couldn't figure how to use it. Can you also provide sort of a tutorial / steps to use.

Thank you
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    billsey said:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EZIOKITTU
    Options
    billsey said:

I have tried my mouse on all the three ports (2 on left and 1 on right) but the problem persists on all of them.
    I manually clicked on all drivers of system devices in Device Manager and some had new updates too.
    Lets see if I find any improvements 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ok! Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EZIOKITTU
    Options
    Ok! Post the result here.
    After updating all drivers I did my Windows feature update 1909.
    Things greatly improved. When my "NITROSENSE" was in Acer optimised and High Performance mode I didnt have the mouse disconnection problem but whn I put it in Balanced mode mouse disconnected twice in the whole day.
    Later on that day at night I got to know that keeping Fan speed to Auto and Power plan in High performance / Acer optimised is not disconnecting my mouse.

Thank you for partially solving my problem.
    Don't close my issue yet, please wait 2-3 days
  • EZIOKITTU
    Options
    On a new day with a new start of Laptop I find my problem isn't solved it is just same as before and mouse disconnects on each power plan
  • EZIOKITTU
    Options
    With the next restart the problem became same as before. Mouse frequently disconnects while heavy load and sudden mouse movements after some gap.

Problem did not solve !
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try disabling these settings:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EZIOKITTU
    Options
    Try disabling these settings:

These settings were already disabled / Off at the time I wrote my first question, after your message I checked these settings and they are still the same as you are asking me to do.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Show how much power the mouse uses and try to restart the hub:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EZIOKITTU
    Options
    I don't have a generic USB hub - I have USB root hub. So I am not having the advanced options for bandwidth consumed and neither the devices connected panel. See my picture below.