Bottom part of chromebook clicks

Options
Qlorify
Qlorify Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So when i decided to pick up my chromebook on the bottom side of the mouse pad it started to click acting like a real mouse pad but without the cursor. So i just brushed it off thinking i had been applying pressure to my mpuse pad but later that day i picked my chromebook while i was watching youtube i held my chromebook on the bottom side of the mousepad and anywhere near that area started to click even though its the bottom of a laptop so i dont know why this is happening to be honest and i want to know if there is a way of fixing this problem because i keep pausing whatever im watching if im holding my chromebook at all! Please help me

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's is likely that you are seeing an artifact of flex in the housing, you are putting pressure on the touch pad by flexing the area that holds it, the same as if you were actually touching the pad. Just use two hands when picking the system up and you should be good.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's is likely that you are seeing an artifact of flex in the housing, you are putting pressure on the touch pad by flexing the area that holds it, the same as if you were actually touching the pad. Just use two hands when picking the system up and you should be good.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.