Laptop got burnt board. Now acer declines the replacement even if it is under warranty. What to do?

Options
Sreehari
Sreehari Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I was switching on my 7month old acer nitro 5 an515-43 after it got fully charged. Suddenly there was small short circuit sound and laptop gone off followed by a burnt smell. I took it to the authorised service centre nearby and after 1 week I got a call. It said that, the motherboard has burnt. Ok, so it is under warranty they should change it free of cost right?? Well that's when I knew the warranty doesn't cover for burnt boards. You'll have to have some extended warranty stuff to replace the burnt board. Let me tell you the catch here, as I've bought it from e-commerce website, no one would tell me about this extended warranty thing. And you've to go to service centre after buying to avail this warranty ofcourse for 2500(INDIAN RUPEES )= $35 APPROX. Then only you'll get replacement for burnt boards. So bottom line is I am now totally helpless to get the service unless I can spend more than half the money for I bought the laptop. It's terribly forcing me to regret on the decision I've took to choose acer. What will I do now?

Answers

• Sreehari

Tinkerer

Options

This is the burn. 
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We are sorry you are having this issue, can you kindly send the sn for your unit so we can check if we can further assist you?
    Please keep in mind the Acer Community is a peer to peer platform, where members help other users with their issue. For Acer support we suggest you contact the support channel.

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Sreehari

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    Options
    Acer-Karp said:

We are sorry you are having this issue, can you kindly send the sn for your unit so we can check if we can further assist you?
    Please keep in mind the Acer Community is a peer to peer platform, where members help other users with their issue. For Acer support we suggest you contact the support channel.

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    Finally someone answered. It's been three weeks since I've given my laptop for repair. Still the service centre guy says that they haven't recieved any approval requests on my issue. attaching my S/N ID: XXXXXX

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Sreehari said:
    Acer-Karp said:

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    Finally someone answered. It's been three weeks since I've given my laptop for repair. Still the service centre guy says that they haven't recieved any approval requests on my issue. attaching my S/N ID: XXXXX

Acer-Samuel

Message him with the serial id. Don't post it on here. Edit your post and remove it.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options
    Sreehari said:
    Acer-Karp said:

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    Finally someone answered. It's been three weeks since I've given my laptop for repair. Still the service centre guy says that they haven't recieved any approval requests on my issue. attaching my S/N ID: XXXXXX

Acer-Samuel
    I have sent you a private message to better assist you with your request.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.