Why won't my monitor go past 50hz

Options
CicadaLullaby
CicadaLullaby Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I've seen that people have been able to get high refresh rate monitors working on the helios 300 but mine stays at 50hz. I tried every HDMI cable I had laying around and even bought an HDMI 2.0 cable that's supposed to support 4k at 120hz. My monitor is 3440x1440 and is supposed to do 120hz. I'm pretty sure the laptop has a 2.0 HDMI since it came with a vr headset

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what is the exact of your notebook and monitor? Example g3-572-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CicadaLullaby
    Options
    what is the exact of your notebook and monitor? Example g3-572-58vh.
    Notebook is G3-571-77QK
    Monitor is x34 Pbmiphzx
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    check here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CicadaLullaby
    Options
    check here:

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CicadaLullaby
    Options
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CicadaLullaby
    Options
    Still did not work. The laptop only has HDMI but idk how people have been able to get high refresh rates
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Did you check the second link I sent?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CicadaLullaby
    Options
    Did you check the second link I sent?

Yes I read it and still no puck. I wasn't able to get 120hz, but with Nvidia custom resolution I was able to get to 60hz
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited April 2020
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer