No sound from cable box

Nhug92
Nhug92 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Why do I have no sound from my monitor when using it to watch cable tv? I use a hdmi cord? I have picture but no audio. I use my screen for tv from time to time 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Like most external monitors (as opposed to TVs), I'm gonna guess the CB272 speakers are barebones with no amplifier. They depend on an amplifier on an output device such as a PC or the cable box. I'm gonna further guess that the cable box is only a pre-amp output that doesn't have enough power to drive the barebones speakers. Jack E/NJ

Answers

• When connecting the TV to the hdmi port, go to the sound properties and check for an option related to hdmi.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nhug92
    I’m connecting the cable directly to my Acer monitor. Checked audio settings set as hdmi 
  • Nhug92
    When connecting the TV to the hdmi port, go to the sound properties and check for an option related to hdmi.
    I get sound when monitor is on pc. But when I plug the hdmi to the cable box no audio. All sound properties are set for hdmi 
  • check the sound output here:
    Rename Sound Input or Output Device in Windows 10  Tutorials
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nhug92
    check the sound output here:
    Rename Sound Input or Output Device in Windows 10  Tutorials
    I can’t Check this setting when it’s plug into my cable box. 
  • OK! But does this option appear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nhug92
    Yes it does 
  • enable here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nhug92
    Still doesn’t fix that I have no sounds when I try to watch tv. 
  • Have you tested with another hdmi cable?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nhug92
    Have you tested with another hdmi cable?
    Yes
  • Can you inform the model of the monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nhug92

Acer CB272 bmiprx 27" Full HD

• Are you sure that this model has built-in speakers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nhug92
    Yes because when I use my pc I get sound 
  • What model of cable box adapter do you use?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nhug92
    Spectrum cable box. Hdmi from cable box to my Acer monitor
  • Can you send a picture of the cable box?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nhug92
    It’s a standard plus spectrum receiver edition with hdmi port.
  • Can you send a picture of your cable box so I can see its model? example:
    Time Warner Cable customers throw your cable box out the window

egydiocoelho Trailblazer