Mouse and Touchscreen Problem after Update 81.0.4044.94

EVAD
EVAD Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
We have 4 Chromebook R11's in the family. After update 81.0.4044.94 they all have had an issue where either the mouse pointer will disappear, or the touchscreen will stop working. Restarting them will always correct the issue, but only temporarily until the next occurrence. I powerwashed 2 of the R11's to test them. They started in 81.0.4044.94 again, and had the same problem. I did a USB system recovery. They both worked fine without an issue until they automatically updated to 81.0.4044.94. I am hopeful that this occurrence on 4 units, and the troubleshooting that I did, will serve as strong evidence that this is a bugged update and not any type of hardware issue. Acer and/or Google please release a driver or OS fix soon.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    There seems to be a bug in 81 that Google has fixed for some in the beta channel. As soon as the fix is stable they'll roll it out for everyone.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xttwo2
    xttwo2 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    disappearing cursor seems to be the problem for any modern day laptop with the touchpad below the keyboard.