how can i clean cache memory ram on mi acer nitro 5 an515-52

Armmm17
Armmm17 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
hi, today I went to the task manager in the performance section and I noticed that in memory I have 9.5 gb of cache of the ram, how can I clean them ?? I have already tried several times to restart the pc, change the slots of the ram, but not nothing happens, there are always 9.5gb of ram

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    • In-use refers to the actual amount of physical memory being used.
    • The second number in the committed memory refers to the commit limit which is amount of physical memory + the size of page file.
    • The first number in the committed memory refers to how much memory applications requested to use.
      • When an application first requests to use a certain amount of memory, Windows makes sure that it can fit somewhere, either in the pagefile or memory. It doesn't mean that much memory is taking up actual physical memory or the pagefile space. It just means Windows reserves this space in the total commit limit, in case it is used. Most requested memory is used but not all.
    • Cached Refers to the amount of physical memory being used for speeding up file system access. On client OS, up to 10% of your memory is used for buffering writes ("dirty page threshold").
    • Paged pool is amount of kernel and device driver memory that CAN spill over from physical memory into the slow page file.
    • Non-paged pool is the amount of kernel and device driver memory that must stay in physical memory. This type of memory cannot be offloaded onto the disk.

Simply speaking, on Windows, the "memory" can be backed by either the physical RAM or a page file (on disk). The page file(s) is used for many purposes, including freeing up physical RAM for infrequently accessed program. It is orders of magnitude slower than the physical RAM because it is backed by a disk, spinning or not.

If your system does not have enough memory, it is possible to have applications that you are actively using to spill over to the disk and have your system slow down dramatically.

As you could see above, it is completely not easy to determine whether you have enough memory or not from those numbers.

I'd suggest the following method do determine whether you have enough memory or not:

1. Start Resource Monitor (Win+R and type perfmon /res)
    2. Use your laptop as you would normally.
    3. When you notice a slowdown, go back to the resource monitor and see the memory graph on the right hand side. Hard-fault roughly refers to the number of times it had to access the page file for memory access. The number of hard faults should be close to 0. If not, you do not have enough RAM for whatever you are doing.

You have a couple of remedies:

1. Close unused applications or tabs before the system becomes slow.
    2. Upgrade RAM if possible.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• HYG
    HYG Member Posts: 7 New User
    Are there many startup programs on your Acer laptop? Too many startup programs might make the RAM still be full after the restart. You can run Task Manager and switch to Startup Tab to disable the unnecessary startups. Besides, the running background apps can also cause an insufficient RAM issue. To check whether there are unneeded background apps in your PC, head to Settings > select Privacy > access Background apps on the left side. Then turn off the unneeded one if there is. 
    After trying the 2 solutions above, it's also suggested to apply the following 2 tricks to free up RAM.
    • Clear different types of Memory Cache on your Acer computer, such as deleting browser cache and removing DNS cache in CMD.
    • Use lighter applications. If you find that your PC struggles with an app, you can consider replacing it with a lighter one that is better at managing RAM.
    More details, please see:https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/6-quick-ways-to-clear-ram-on-your-windows-10-pc.html
    Hope that my answer helps.