Predator XB271HK 4k Monitor stuck at 30hz.

Ziam_
Ziam_ Member Posts: 9 New User
Hi, my Acer Predator monitor is stuck at 30hz when running 4K. Im using Display Port 1.2 and have tried 2 different certified cables.

I only bought this monitor 4 days ago brand new.
I have a RTX 2080 Super and I'm pretty sure its capable of 4k 60hz...

I've tried the NVidia control panel and the windows display adaptor to change the refresh rate to 60, but only showing 30 and 24hz. 
Is there anything else I can do, I can't change the max refresh rate on the monitors OSD settings unlike my 1440p 144hz monitor.

Model Name: Predator XB271HK
Part Number: UM.HX1EE.001

Please let me know if you require anymore info.

Kind Regards.

Answers

• Ziam_
    bump....

I've just bought a certified 1.4 display port cable, once again same problem, can't go any higher than 30hz, Acer wont get back to me.
  • Have you checked here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ziam_
    Hi, thank you for your reply, unfortunately it just shows the 30hz again.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,251 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020
    Can you provide the exact model of the notebook? Example g3-572-58vh. Also, are you using a 1.4 or 2.0 hdmi cable?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ziam_
    UM.HX1EE.001     - I believe that's the correct model number you're looking for.

I dont use HDMI as the monitor only supports HDMI 1.4. Therefore I have been using Display Port 1.2 and also 1.4.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ziam_
     Still the same, stuck at 30hz and I restarted the computer. 
  • Does the same problem occur when connecting the display port cable?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ziam_
    Yeah, I have tried 3 different cables and all of the Display Ports on my graphics card. I have also tried to connect the monitor to the motherboard, but no signal.
  • Ziam_
    Sorry, i think i misunderstood, its the same with the HDMI aswell. I cant even run 1080p 60hz. Im thinking a monitor hardware issue.
  • Does this monitor accept DP cable?
    Cabo Displayport 12 4k 2m SEM TRAVA Blindado Cabo Dp X Dp Amazon

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ziam_
    Yeah. 1 DP + 1 HDMI
  • Try uninstalling and deleting the driver for the intel and rtx2080 video card in the device manager and verify that when windows installs the standard driver, the 3840x2160 resolution with 60hz will appear. example:
    Como resolver a mensagem de erro This computer does not meet the

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ziam_
    Nope, didn't fix it. 

I also tried to create a custom resolution in the NVidia Control Panel to set the refresh rate to 60hz, but then my screen goes blank and I have to unplug the DP cable.
  • delemy
    delemy Member Posts: 2 New User

What about MAC users?