Questions concerning upgrading my Chromebook

JameshyB46
JameshyB46 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I have a CB515-1HT with a Pentium. I wanted to install windows 10 on my Chromebook but I didn't see my CPU listed as a supported processor. I did see that the i5 5200U was, so I was wondering if I could upgrade my Chromebook to the i5 and then install windows 10. next I want to install a bigger SSD and upgrade to 8gbs of ram from 4, is that possible? 
Thanks for the help!
Here is the website I used for the windows switch: https://coolstar.org/chromebook/windows-install.html

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    From what I understand, any of the Apollo Lake based Chromebooks are not compatible with Windows.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    From what I understand, any of the Apollo Lake based Chromebooks are not compatible with Windows.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JameshyB46
    JameshyB46 Member Posts: 2 New User
    ok.. can I still do my desired upgrades to the Chromebook or are those also not possible
  • billsey
    So it looks like the CB515-1HT comes with the CPU soldered in on the MB, and the memory is also soldered, finally the drive is an eMMC and soldered in as well. So no upgrades possible. :(