how do i set up g-sync on my predator xb271hu monitor?

Options
idkHelpMe
idkHelpMe Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
i recently just got a pc and monitor so im quite new to a lot of things and im not verry good with techonology if im compoletely honest, but i do know that my predator is g-sync compatable but i have tried many times to open nvidia control pannel to it saying 'you are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia gpu.' im not sure what to do about this. my screen is also tearing and goshting a lot im not sure if this is a result of not being able to use g-sync or another problem. if someone has any ideas as to what to do that would be amazing cause its getting quite annoying not being able to use a feature i purchased this monitor specifically for.

Answers

• JimReap3r
    JimReap3r Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I think this only works using Display Port. Is this how you're connecting the monitor to the graphics card? What graphics card are you using, as in, are you sure it supports it?
  • idkHelpMe
    idkHelpMe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    im using dp to connect my monitor but i also have hdmi plugged in, as for my graphics card im using a ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060 Super and im pretty sure that it is compatable.